Thursday, July 16, 2015

Unraveled by Him (Unraveled, #1) & Unraveled by Her (Unraveled, #2) by Wendy Leigh

Unraveled by Him (Unraveled, #1) & Unraveled by Her (Unraveled, #2)
by Wendy Leigh
ARC, 173 pages
Published February 2nd 2015 by Pocket Star

After sparks fly between Robert and Miranda, he enables her to live out her wildest dreams of sexual submission, and she, in turn, inflames his dominance in every aspect. Although both of them are haunted by their past demons, they embark on a love affair that is part romance, part sexual exploration, and utterly addictive.


Unraveled by Her - ARC, 166 pages
Published June 29th 2015 by Pocket Star

In Unraveled by Him, born submissive Miranda met her perfect match in billionaire widower—and dominant—Robert Hartwell. After passing five of his BDSM tests, she thought she’d discovered her own happy ending...until she was abducted from his side at the pinnacle of their erotic fulfillment.

The story continues in Unraveled by Her, as Miranda awakens, bound and imprisoned by a mysterious woman—one who has the power to thwart Miranda’s every happiness. Can Robert find her in time? And even if he does, will the secrets Miranda kept from him destroy them?


well, I got the ARCs from a publisher... for an honest review from me... well... I have to be honest on this ones... but I don't like the stories at all... even I regretted the time I wasted on reading them... (--')

*spoiler alert everyone... not that I don't warn you!*

anyway, the stories about Miranda Stone, a ghostwriter to the stars... whom writing her own erotic novel, which mistakenly sent the draft of her novel to her sister, then who's been so initiatively send the draft to a notorious media mogul philanthropist Robert Hartwell...

Robert, while has his own story... is very intrigued by Miranda's novel... and by luring Miranda to write his ghostwriting... he easily get Miranda willingness to follow him to Switzerland...

yeah... that simple... for just knowing him from afar, Miranda, head over heels following him around...

Robert is an anthusiast dominant as well as Miranda is an anthusiast submissive, who's willing to do everything and anything at all to show Robert that she's not acting as one...

bla-bla-bla... Robert's doing his sadistic way, involving his head of maid... and the story goes on to unrevealing that his ex-wife is not really dead...

and what's Miranda reaction about that? nothing... she's just come along unwillingly...

what I don't really understand about Miranda, is she even have a brain? *hhhaalllooo.... omigod, I can't tell Miranda is a stupid person, she's just going blind and numb if it's considering Robert, while Robert, though he might show his love to Miranda... I also don't get him...

for one thing, he's super-super rich... he could hire the most elite mercenary army ex of the best of military members... but he didn't realise that his home is being bugged and people can enter and out of his property easily, though with inside information as being used to live there herself (the ex (not really ex) wife), but I still can't buy it...

yeah, I know that this is only the second installment of the series, but... can the author just cut the story like that? and expect that people willing to read the third book? not me anyway...
and not counting the not-yet-reveal story of Miranda's childhood and her grandpa... the author can't leave it hanging like that, right?

so, I guess I came to more firm realisation that I really don't like a BDSM theme novel... I'm sorry I requested the ARC, and promise my self that from now on... I wouldn't dare my self to read those kind of novel... :d

how many stars, would you ask?
well... 1 star for book #1 and 1 and a half stars for book #2

I found the book unnatural... that's what I really don't like about the book...

but if you like BDSM, well... you could give it a shot... it's just it's not my kind of cup of tea...

*cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment