Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Screwdriver (The Cocktail Series Book 3) by Alice Clayton

Screwdriver (The Cocktail Series Book 3)
by Alice Clayton

Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Gallery Books


It doesn't always have to be so hard. Sometimes falling in love just means turning around and seeing what's right in front of you.

it's the third book of the cocktail series, the first one is Wallbanger... followed by Rusty Nailed...

for me Rusty Nailed kind of failed... not really... I just didn't really like it...

when Screwdriver was published I'm not really excited and I also kind of missed the book tour event... but still part of me wanted to read the book...

then Mai Tai'd Up was going to be released... and I joined the book tour and got the ARC... and there's a part of the story that was telling about the characters of Screwdriver...

finished reading Mai Tai'd Up, without hesitation I just got my self the Screwdriver on my Kindle...

the story was about Vivian Franklin, an old friend of Simon (Wallbanger & Rusty Nailed) from high school... her life was going to change after a late phone called from her aunt's lawyer, who's telling her, she just inherited a house and ranch...

Vivian Franklin, who is the youngest of 5 older brothers, even though with though image to other people, with piercings and neck tattoo... she's a helpless romantic girl, who wished she is one of the heroine in her books...

she dreamed of pirate, cowboy or fireman... she always thought that her type is the rough, tough looking, bad boy... while refused to be with everyone's type like good provider, steady, accomplished, smart... the good boy...

once she heard the news that she's inherited the big house and a ranch in Mendocino, California, she felt that it's her destiny to meet his prince of her life... that she's about to be starring in her very own romance novel...

however, what about if life is give you a lemon?

there's cowboy alright... but there's also a handsome librarian... Clark Barrow, brown hair, brown eyes behind dusty-looking eyeglasses, white button-down, tweet jacket with elbow patches... he's definitely out of her type... apparently...

well, you need to find out yourself about how in the end, finally they're end up together... however, for me... I guess, I need to see more chemistry between Vivian and Clark, especially from Vivian side... what's that actually brought Vivian came to a realization that it's Clark that she wanted after all this time... not that Hunk "Cowboy" Hank... I want more of that...

but I just love the hilarious way of Vivian, who always drifted to her dream world...

Aw, yeah... :D

3 out of 5 stars from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment